Maternity Nurses are employed on either a daily or live-in basis.
The role of the Maternity Nurse is to fully support the parents after the birth of their baby.
The main responsibilities of a private Maternity Nurse involve:
- Caring for your newborn baby, sleep positioning, bathing, changing, hygiene, cord care, and skin care
- Postnatal care of Mum and general monitoring
- Assisting Parents in establishing a routine to fit around your lifestyle
- Supervising and tidying the baby’s room
- Day-to-day laundry for the baby
- Setting up sleeping patterns and caring for the baby throughout the night, so you can get a good night’s sleep
- Support and encouragement with breast feeding; talking through dietary requirements, showing you different positions, and giving Mum an awareness of possible problems that could occur and how to avoid them.
- Teaching you safety and hygiene related to the baby
- Sterilising and making up the bottles for your baby
All maternity nurses vary in the additional services they may provide, however the above is the minimum you can expect.
Your maternity nurse is not there to take over, they are simply there to guide you and help you relax and recover, in the knowledge that you have any support you need, around the clock.
It may be strange at first to have a Maternity Nurse living with you and helping to care for your baby, however Maternity Nurses are used to this and they will respect your privacy and need for personal space.
For more information please contact Hey Presto Childcare at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
If you are interested in using Hey Presto Childcare’s Maternity Services for your upcoming or recent arrival of your baby, we’d love you to fill in our Application Form